cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to text an 0330 number.

fatfreddyscat
Explorer

Hi.

I have a fully up to date android phone.

I'm currently unable to text an 0330 number but can phone it.

Signal just fails to send it and Android messages tells me that the service is not available on my account!

I can text any other numbers without issue.

Suggestions please? 

5 REPLIES 5
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @fatfreddyscat

Is this a chargeable service you are trying to text?

There could be a bar on your account, I would recommend giving us a call. 

Katie

bristolian
Legend
Legend

03 are non-geographic landline numbers, I wouldn't expect to be able to text one.

When you say you can text other numbers, do you mean landlines or 07-prefixed mobiles?

Hi. Nope. Not a chargeable service and I can txt 6404... numbers or any other ones that are chargeable.

It only appears to be 0330 numbers and they are treated as a local call, or should be.

Does someone know the official ee stance?
Can't find anyone online reporting this issue, only not being able to call one and that's not my problem.

Terminology may be confusing this. "Local call" harks back to the days of 0845 numbers and refers to voice calls, not text messages.

I'm not convinced that you should be able to text to an 03 number - 01 or 02 landlines maybe, but not 03 numbers which may well terminate on an IVR or PBX kit.

Whose number is this, that you're trying to text?

I can send texts to 03 nos. OK. I can't be sure they are received but if they are they will be read out by BT Voice Text if they are not text enabled.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)