Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spend cap seems to have removed itself

_MrR_
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Hey all from South Africa 🇿🇦 

I’ve been here for a month and have been using dual sim having my Vodacom sim for all my usage and my EE sim just to make sure any iMessages to my UK number come through as well as bank texts etc. 

My spend cap was set to £0 and my voicemail was off. So because I was roaming outside the European Union, I was sure I wouldn’t get any extra charges. 

It’s worked great as a few times during my stay, my phones tried to route a call via the EE sim and it just goes ‘beep beep beep’ and cuts off. I just then ensure I call through Vodacom who have great rates to the UK. 

Anyone calling my number has just had the ‘Not available’ recording played to them. Happy days. 

Until tonight, I make a call, I’m chatting away and only when I make it home, I put the call on speaker phone to find my keys and realise, it’s going through the EE sim. Horrified I hang up. 

I then text another friend and ask them to call my UK number, for the first time in the month. I receive an incoming call on my EE line that I obviously don’t answer. 

I did today get the text message to say my bill is due use and will be taken on 1/9. But this wouldn’t (or at least shouldn’t) remove the spend cap. 

Thankfully I noticed and ended the call (sadly after 25 mins) but I would like someone to take a look and see what’s happening and get it re-applied.

Thanks in advance

So IMG_9635.jpeg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
_MrR_
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

So it looks like this was some kind of glitch on EE’s part. 

At 06:51 Saturday, I got a text from EE reminding me I have a sped cap and my chargeable services are barred. I’ve called my EE number from my South African sim and it’s back to playing the “Not available” message.

My EE confirms I have the £0 spend cap in place and having checked my unbilled usage, that call isn’t billed. 

So whilst it wasn’t deliberate on my part, it looks like I got that rogue call for free. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@_MrR_   No one here can check your spend cap let alone  access your EE account.    So your request for someone to look in to this on here will go no further.   You need to contact customer services yourself.  

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @_MrR_

Welcome to the community. 

You can manage your spend cap by logging in to your My EE account. 

Within your My EE account you will also be able to see any charges outside of your allowance for the call. 

For this to be looked into further @Chris_B is right, you will need to be in touch with our customer care team who have account access.

This can either be done via Live Chat or by giving us a call

Katie

_MrR_
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

So it looks like this was some kind of glitch on EE’s part. 

At 06:51 Saturday, I got a text from EE reminding me I have a sped cap and my chargeable services are barred. I’ve called my EE number from my South African sim and it’s back to playing the “Not available” message.

My EE confirms I have the £0 spend cap in place and having checked my unbilled usage, that call isn’t billed. 

So whilst it wasn’t deliberate on my part, it looks like I got that rogue call for free.