cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS verification code from Bank blocked by EE!

orrla
Contributor
Contributor

From last Tuesday, 29/11/22, SMS verification codes from my Bank in Poland are not getting through to my EE phone in UK. 

I am not able to access my money!

I reported this issue on Nov. 30th, (ID: 19393710), spoke to 150, was called back on 2nd Dec/22, at 6pm, and after long session of listening to Christmas songs, and answering same questions over and over again, I was told that there in nothing that could be done.

So again, I asked to look at exactly same problem I had with EE in Dec, 2020, (ID:14510264), that it was sorted then, but was told that she will call me back on 3rd, Dec, at 6pm, waited but, no call was made!

I have no access to my Bank account, but EE seem not to care!

What else can I do?

Bank tells me the issue is with the Operator, ... not uncommon I can see from this forum!

Can EE sort it out, PLEASE?!!

Many thanks!

23 REPLIES 23
bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@ABSafe wrote:

We are not going to tell all our EE customers to call you, they won't even understand what to say.

"I'm not receiving text messages from particular senders" would appear to be the issue the EE users need to report.

Even if there is a core-network issue, if every affected user reports their symptoms - fault tickets can be raised.

Hey guys, I know what it is, after talking to the technical service of EE: EE has changed its Spam filtre. It claims it sent the information to european banks and how to have their SMS go through the filter but many haven't done anything. I contacted my bank, they do know nothing about it. And EE is refusing to send them the information again or to tell me what information they sent! So nothing will be solved. I might then leave EE.

Griggs_
Visitor

Is not just your bank. In the last few months I can't use the Portuguese government authentication app anymore as I don't receive the text messages with log in codes. I'm also not receiving the PlayStation account activation codes anymore either... it's really not practical to not being able to have control over what's spam or not.

If EE doesn't change this, I'll move to a new network. 

foxford
Visitor

Having the same issue and in only happens when im in uk, meaning when i dont use EE. I dont get messages from both my bank and government portal. This is pretty serious and NFG attitude is really not helping