cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in EU for 2 months

Scottyjo
Visitor

Is there a rule whereby , even with having the roaming abroad monthly, it will not work beyond a certain amount of time.

I have been using  the roaming fixed monthly abd it has worked fine for 2 months in Germany. But suddenly have no data or sim connection.

Appreciate any insights.

4 REPLIES 4
bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

If you're on pay-monthly, there is a a stable-links policy requiring usage in the UK for 2months out of 4 - but my understanding is that this is not a hard-stop as one where EE should get in contact first.

Have you tried using alternate local networks in Germany?

XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Scottyjo : There is a Stable Link policy whereby to show you have a stable link with UK you should not spend more than 2 months outside UK in any 4 month period. However should you exceed that you are not cut off but a) asked for an explanation or b) charged a surcharge on your future usage abroad,

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
davecres1
Contributor
Contributor

I recall sometime in the past there was a rule to do with how long a EE sim could be connected to a roaming network before it had to be back in the UK but can't find anything in current documentation.

Other thought is if you have set a limit to how much additional charges you can incur in your billing period and are being charged a daily fee for use then you could have exceeded it and resulted in phone and data not working.

EG EE charge £2.29 a day for usage in the EU (if no special plan) and I had to allow at least £20 as the minimum limit when my wife went on a whale watching cruise.

bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

The stable links policy is listed on Page 2 of the current roaming T&C

https://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/help-pdfs/price-plans/paym/pay-monthly/roaming-for-paym-custome...