cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Further Pass activated but not working

ks0
Explorer

Hi there, 

I can't seem to contact anyone from EE as the conversation tab isn't popping up. I've been a Pay Monthly customer for 3 years now on an iPhone the entire time and recently travelled to Canada. I purchased a Roam Further pass and received a text that it was activated. Unfortunately, on my arrival it doesn't seem to work. I had texted 'Roaming' to 150 back in September prior to a different trip to France and had no issues. I've also used this pass in the past when visiting Canada and it worked fine. I've tried using myEE app, and under settings->roaming it says it's blocked and I can't switch it over to unlock it. I'm hoping someone can help me get this working while I'm abroad otherwise I've added a pass that's of no use to me.

Thanks!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @ks0 

Welcome to the EE community

From the sounds of it, you've activated the roam-further bundle but not the actual ability to roam - which unfortunately, is not automatic.

The options you need via your myEE online or app, are..

1: "International roaming"

2: "Call abroad & premium rate"

If you're not able to enable these via self-service methods, your only option will be to call EE C/S and speak to an agent. You can do this either by calling +44 7953 966250 from any working phone, or using +44 800 0798586 from a web-calling app such as Skype.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @ks0 

Welcome to the EE community

From the sounds of it, you've activated the roam-further bundle but not the actual ability to roam - which unfortunately, is not automatic.

The options you need via your myEE online or app, are..

1: "International roaming"

2: "Call abroad & premium rate"

If you're not able to enable these via self-service methods, your only option will be to call EE C/S and speak to an agent. You can do this either by calling +44 7953 966250 from any working phone, or using +44 800 0798586 from a web-calling app such as Skype.

Thanks for the help @bristolian , I called the 800 number on Skype and was able to get it all sorted.