cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roam Abroad queries

rposgate
Explorer

Hello fellow EE users, 

I have a few specific Roam Abroad queries that I would be grateful for your help with. I cannot get precise answers from EE. 

I have Roam Abroad as an inclusive add-on.  I'm possibly going to New Zealand for a couple of months, and note that New Zealand is one of the countries included in the Roam Abroad package. 

I have some questions about making and receiving calls please:

(1) When in New Zealand (NZ for short now), can I make free of charge calls within my monthly allowance to NZ landlines and mobile phones? I am pretty certain the answer is yes. 

(2) When in NZ, can I make free of charge calls within my monthly allowance back to the UK (landlines and mobiles)? Would the recipient bear charges for receiving an overseas mobile call? 

(3) When in NZ, can someone based in NZ (mobile or landline) call my mobile phone free of charge?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can give. It's much appreciated. 

Rob

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

The Roam Abroad pass allows inclusive calls to NZ & UK 01/02/03/07 numbers as part of your UK allowance.

Receiving calls is free in the UK, and chargeable when roaming abroad.

You are using a UK number when roaming, anyone calling you will be charged their rate for calling a UK mobile - you don't have a local NZ number. If you were to, then UK callers calling your mobile would be dialling internationally.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bristolian
Legend
Legend

The Roam Abroad pass allows inclusive calls to NZ & UK 01/02/03/07 numbers as part of your UK allowance.

Receiving calls is free in the UK, and chargeable when roaming abroad.

You are using a UK number when roaming, anyone calling you will be charged their rate for calling a UK mobile - you don't have a local NZ number. If you were to, then UK callers calling your mobile would be dialling internationally.

Thank you so much for your quick and super clear reply, that's much appreciated.