cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Resetting greeting on EE voicemail...

GittyV
Investigator
Investigator

Hi i am having the same issue and VM ON/ VM OFF did not resolve.. 

please if anyone worked it out please help me!

i have now a greeting that i recorded my name, i want to change to the default "welcome to EE voicemail...."

please respond and help me. thanks

9 REPLIES 9
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @GittyV,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Our Technical Support Team can reset your voicemail greeting if you get in touch.

Thanks

James

GittyV
Investigator
Investigator

Hi James, thanks for getting back to me

I've been on the phone 2 or 3 times no-one seems to know how to do it

is there something else i can try?

Thank you

Christopher_G

Hi @GittyV 

If you call 222 and follow the options to listen to your messages, it should take you to the voicemail menu (if you have no messages to listen to) where you can select the 'greetings' menu and select the standard greeting.

Chris

Hi,

i tried that, for some reason its only giving me an option to rerecord my name but not to revert back to standard

thanks

Christopher_G

Ah, I see, @GittyV 

When I listened to the system, it says to revert to the standard greeting with an option to record your name. Is that not the case?

Chris

mylescatherall
Explorer

i have the same problem and i not sure if there is a solution to this but there are quite a lot of people that seem to have this problem so is there anyway you can help?

thanks hope to hear from you

Christopher_G

Hi @mylescatherall 

If you've tried texting VM OFF then VM ON and it still isn't working, I'd recommend speaking with our Mobile Care team.

Chris

Hi, I did that yesterday and they said that they will look into it  wait 24 hours and remove the voice mail settings and then they would reset like new, thanks 

I think the issue here Chris is that on voicemail, you can record a personal greeting and also record a name separately. Whilst you can revert to a standard greeting, with the name - once recorded you can only re-record a new name, you cannot revert back to the standard setting. I think the only way you can do it is for someone with high enough access rights in CS to physically remove voicemail from the backend system for 48 hours then reapply it.