cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Phone call from EE

prabeshlj
Explorer

Yesterday & today I got a call (from 01583 240001 ) saying an agent from EE for iPhone 14 Pro Max promotional offer for £20/month with 24 months contract.

They’ve also sent email for same (info@mobilephonespromotions.com) with EE logo. They even sent 4 digit OTP via EE (where I used to get message from EE).

4 REPLIES 4
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @prabeshlj,

Welcome to the EE Community.

That wasn't a genuine call from EE.

Did you share the OTP with the caller?

James

bristolian
Legend
Legend
@prabeshlj wrote:

Yesterday & today I got a call (from 01583 240001 ) saying an agent from EE ......email for same (info@mobilephonespromotions.com) with EE logo.

EE staff would send their emails from an @ee.co.uk address, not any other domain.

Yes i did. I shared 4 digit PIN which came from -EE- where i used to get regular updates from EE regarding price increase after 31st March and other news. And I received following message:

Hello, EE here. Thanks for passing security to access your account.

If this wasn't you, please give us a call on 0800 956 6000. You may wish to check with family members who have permission to access your account before getting in touch.

Soon after that I got 6 digit OTP from a new sender named FROM EE which I found suspicious and didn't share.  

If anyone here can share customer care email then I can forward the email send by them which includes EE Agent ID along with agent name so that necessary actions could be taken against them.

Regards,

Prabesh

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @prabeshlj 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Please call us on 150, our mobile guides can get the account looked into and make sure no changes have been made. 

Please see our Online Security: Avoid and Prevent Scams | EE for ways to report any scam calls, texts and emails. 

Leanne.