cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Landed in the USA. No network to call. How can I contact EE to activate roam

JosieMill
Explorer

I have the same issue. Although I set up the further roaming option before leaving the UK. 

I cannot get in touch with EE as I can't connect to any network and ee chat is not working. 

Any further help available please? 

3 REPLIES 3
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JosieMill

What happens when you try to manually connect to a network?

Did you receive a welcome text when you landed in the States?

Katie

JosieMill
Explorer

Hi @Katie_B ,

no networks come up when manually trying to connect or search for networks to connect to.

No welcome message received as i am not on a network. I can't call 150 even. 

I managed to skype EE and they have mentioned they made changes to the network towers they connect with in the US and some customer will have issues connecting. that's all they've given. So no network coverage and access for me whilst here. 

would have been good to know before leaving the uk and adding the extra roam further add on. 

Josie

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Whichever billing add-on you choose, is separate from needing to enable the roaming facility - this is what enables your phone to connect to foreign networks. Without doing so - normally by texting ROAMING to 150 before leaving the UK - this does cause the catch-22 situation you have described.

The changes CS are alluding to are likely the VoLTE compatibility issues explained on https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/roaming-and-international/using-your-device-abroad/roaming-in-the-usa