cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't get texts

darlene
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.  I am in the US and I am unable to get a network connection.  It's the same problem that happened last year about this time.  I have topped up and sent texts in the last two months, but I'm no longer able to connect to a network in the US.  It usually finds T-Mobile but it can't anymore.  This phone is an EE phone but a carry over from when it used to be T-Mobile. You fixed the problem but it is not working again.  Please help!!

13 REPLIES 13
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @darlene 

What happens when you try to manually connect to a US network?

Chris

If I scan for all available networks, ATT, Verizon, and T-Mobile come up.  If I select T-Mobile, which is the one that it usually automatically selects, it says "Registering on T-Mobile," blue circle goes around and around for several minutes, and then it stops and just shows me the list again.  I tried ATT and Verizon as well, and the same thing happens. 

When I choose the option to select network automatically, the blue circle spins around and nothing happens or it finally says "registered," but it's not because I can't send a text and it doesn't show any network when I check in settings.  As I said, up until about a week or so ago, it just auto selected T-Mobile and the just worked.   

This is the same problem I had about a year ago.  Someone fixed it, and then all my texts and their texts came through all at once.

Christopher_G

I think the last time this happened you spoke to our technical support team, @darlene. It may be worth getting back in touch with them to see if they can look at your account and see exactly what they did to fix it. Hopefully they can do the same.

Chris

Is there a way to text the tech support team?   They suggest I send a letter in their documentation! Do they have an text number or email address?  Writing to the EE community was the way I got the help last time.  I just thought they read through these notes!  I can't really call EE as my phone is not working and using a US phone would be expensive! Thanks for your help.

Christopher_G

Are you on contract or pay as you go, @darlene?

There is a live chat for pay monthly customers in the EE App, all of our other contact methods are on this contact us page.
Chris

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Users in a similar situation can often contact CS by using +44 800 0798586 from a web-calling app such as Skype

Thanks for your help.  I can't get anything on my EE app.  Everything I click on says either "Oops, something went wrong," or "Alert, Sorry, something's wrong. It's our fault. We're trying to fix it, etc.,,,,Thanks for trying to help.  I may just have to call from a US phone.

Thanks to Christopher_G and bristolian for your help.  As it turned out I did call the tech support number and spent about an hour on the international call from US to UK.  I finally spoke to someone in second level support, the third person I spoke with, and he said that it's not just my problem.  It has been reported already and is a known issue with EE phones in the US.  I'm not the only person reporting this problem, and it's not just a problem with pay as you go packages.  They put in a ticket for me and said it could be a while before it's fixed, maybe a week or more.  I really appreciate the quick responses to my inquiries for the community. You are a great group!

Leanne_T

Thanks for coming back and updating us @darlene 

I hope you are having an amazing time and this is sorted soon for you. 

Leanne.