cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Calls Barred - Cancelled Pay Monthly and Reopened as PayG Abroad

TheSim
Investigator
Investigator

I have the same problem. My calls are getting cancelled even when I try to dial the free number from EE:

+44 7953 966 150

I can receive SMS, but I cannot send any and I cannot call anyone. I did top up with £5 but I cannot use it.

5 REPLIES 5
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @TheSim,

Sorry, it isn't possible to transfer from pay monthly to pay as you go when outside of the UK.

Your SIM needs to be connected to the EE network in the UK to complete the transfer.

James

I cancelled my EE contract while still being in the UK, so why I can receive SMS but not able to make calls or activate my £5 package?
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @TheSim,

To complete the activation of your pay as you go account, you need to make a call, send a text or use data while connected to the EE network in the UK.

James

Ok thanks, I just booked a one day return flight to the UK just to connect to EE network and activate my £5 package

@TheSim wrote:
I cancelled my EE contract while still being in the UK, so why I can receive SMS but not able to make calls or activate my £5 package?

Can you just clarify whether this means you requested the cancellation of your contract whilst in the UK? But the actual cancellation then happened while you were abroad?

Or that the conversion from PAYM > PAYG was completed whilst in the UK?