cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Blocked

luxant
Explorer

Roaming is currently blocked on two out of three numbers on my account.

I've spent 40 min on the phone with C/S and technical team and I was told that the problem was fixed and that they would call back in one hour to check that everything was working. More than one hour is gone, the problem is still there and nobody called to check. If would be much appreciated if the EE team could provide a reliable standard solution to fix this kind of problem. We pay our bills regularly, therefore we expect to receive the service we pay for. Feedback from EE C/S would be much appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @luxant,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

If you have registered as the bill payer, rather than a user, you should be able to unblock roaming in My EE by going to Menu > Account Settings > Parental and Data Controls.

Have our Technical Team been back in touch yet?

James

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @luxant 

Have you tried restarting your device? To activate roaming:

Log into your on line account and then Menu - Manage Device - make sure you have activated roaming and international calls.
Or
From the MyEE app Current Usage - Controls - activate use phone abroad and make international and premium calls

I know EE have said 1 hour but this can take up to 24 hours. You should have checked roaming before leaving the UK. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Thanks for the advise, but none of the above solutions worked and as matter of fact was eventually explained to me that you cannot manage roaming on your account (Parental and data controls), even if on the website looks like you should be able to do it. Very confusing and frustrating.

I had to call four times, spending over two hours on the phone, and eventually I was lucky enough to speak to a competent person that very patiently tried pretty much everything possible to resolve the issue. Eventually, removing completely the spend cup (from £30 to no cap at all) fixed the problem. Maybe a note in that section would be helpful.

However, difficult to understand why the problem was caused by the spend cap limit,  because on one of the other numbers on the account roaming was working just fine and had exactly the same spend cap set as the number where roaming was not working. 

Happy that the issue is now been fixed, puzzled by where the issue was generated from, disappointed that I to  call four times and speak to four different technical support advisors to fix what sounded like a relatively simple problem.

Conclusion, I believe EE should seriously consider investing more in staff training.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @luxant

Thank you for letting us know this has now been resolved. 

Katie 🙂