Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random mobiles claiming I have called them

Sarah2083
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I’ve had lots

of calls today from various mobile numbers claiming I have miss called them - which I haven’t! I’ve checked call history too and shows no calls made by me.

I know others have had this too, but EE Haven’t been helpful with what to do to solve this issue. I’m concerned my personal data has been compromised by them if it is a network error as i was told.

I don’t want to change my number if I can help it.

any ideas on how to stop this and on what’s actually caused this? 

74 REPLIES 74
DhruvUpadhyaya
Explorer

I am also having this issue.  I had a period of time where I had 3 different people on the same day claiming I have called them when I haven't.  This hasn't happened for a few months and I just happened again today.

It is very concerning that my data seems to out in the domain for people that otherwise would not have my phone number now do.

EE PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DhruvUpadhyaya,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Our Customer Care Team will be happy to look into this issue if you get in touch.

Thanks

James

I've had the same issue today this number called me and when I called it backs says EE but googled the number and apparently not EE??

Exactly same for me too, been happening on and off for months but has ramped up more recently. EE quick to point out its nothing of their doing (although a quick google shows a few bad stories of human error on their behalf in similar cases - and compensation given). All they could do was offer me the massive inconvenience of changing numbers or going on tpsonline.org.uk to register with the telephone preference service (which im confident will do nothing to stop these calls).

I am guessing this issue was unresolved as this has happened to me several times today and this thread is over 3 years old. 

Can someone advise on what to do please. 

Thank you

James_B

Hi @Jodie321,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Our Customer Care Team will be happy to look into this issue if you get in touch.

Thanks

James

I have just had a called from someone saying they were returning my call, I haven't called this number. What is going on why is this happening 

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@RH_2 Spammers are spoofing numbers and then people call them back. People need to learn to only call back a number if they recognise it, I have no idea why anyone calls a random mobile number or even an international one then complains they were charged.

Gr26
Visitor

I have had this over the last month around 6 times. I've obviously blocked the numbers then as I don't know them, but now it's actually ringing numbers from my contact list. What is ee going to do about this? 

Christopher_G

Hi @Gr26

Welcome to the community.

I'd recommend speaking to our Mobile Care team so they can look into this for you.

Chris