cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving Facebook 2 factor SMS codes

Eeuser123456
Investigator
Investigator

Is anybody else having issues receiving Facebook 2 factor authentication SMS codes? As of the end of last month I do not receive any Facebook SMS so am locked out of my account. Using an iPhone 11.

44 REPLIES 44
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Nataliek2010

I would recommend giving us a call so our technical care team can complete a full diagnostic. 

Finger's crossed you can gain access soon. 

Katie 🙂

Hi,

I posted this ages ago, I sorted it myself

Thank you
Clare

Sent from my iPhone
JoB47
Explorer

Hi I'm also not receiving SMS for the facebook 2 factor authentication, how is this resolved?

This is exactly the same experience I'm having and I feel your pain. I do not care about the account I just want to be sure 1. I've not been hacked 2. I can get all my photos back 🙂

I managed to log on via my old phone and took the authentication off... Which resolved it. I've emailed and emailed Facebook and they replied after I did it. 

They did advise to call ee but its because you fail the 2nd authentication its a bit stupid to be fair as you have to go on a get the generator codes from Facebook when you can't get in .. Its weird and they change every 30 seconds. 

Just keep emailing Facebook or log in to Facebook via a know device old phone laptop tablet something you have logged into before and go to the generator code and put that in and it will work 

Thank you for your suggestion, I'm just charging up an old phone, I have tried to log in via my Mac but it won't let me, it still states its sending me a 2 factor SMS code an then it never arrives, I do not have any other options not he screen, intact just going around in circles is what happens until it states I'm locked out. Its been 6 days now so I just hope I receive a flood of text messages soon. 

I've rang your technical support who informed me they could do nothing about this, they gave me a Facebook number in the US to ring but that's really not useful as I doubt they will be able to discuss this on the phone. 

You won't lol trust me. Mines been nearly 10 days  and no messages. 

Try the old phone thats how I did it... It was already logged in went to setting and went to generator code put the code in new phone and then it will work. But I took my 2 factor authentication off cuz I didn't went this happening again stressful. 

Hi I’m having the same problem and no other device with the account logged in. I can’t get through to you at all. What can I do? I’ve a business page attached to this account 

many thanks 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Udds,

Welcome to the EE Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems receiving your SMS code.

This will need to be looked into by our Tech Gurus.

Our contact centres in the UK and Ireland are open to help keep you connected, but we have fewer people available to take your calls, so please be patient.

Thanks

James