cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network problems Greece

Sumosue
Investigator
Investigator

I am in Greece, my phone has automatically connected to a network that isn't good and I am unable to receive calls. I have tried to manually connect to Cosmote Greeces main provider and it won't connect it says service not available.  It has also done the same to a friend who is with EE. 

My husband who is with another uk provider can connect to Cosmote straight away.

Any ideas 💡??

12 REPLIES 12
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Have you tried manually connecting to each of the 3 main operators, and are the symptoms identical on each?

Yes I've tried the two providers get same message

Sent from Outlook for Android<>
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sumosue,

Are you using a pay as you go or pay monthly plan?

Have you purchased a roaming pass?

Is it just incoming calls that aren't working?

James

Hi
I'm monthly, it's just receiving calls I don't get any now whilst I'm in Greece and I am unable to charge network provider to the main one in Greece Cosmote and this wasn't a problem when I was here October.

James_B

Hi @Sumosue,

Are you able to send/receive texts, make outbound calls and use mobile data?

What happens when someone tries to call you?

Does it affect all callers or just one contact?

James

Hi James
Data, texts Internet all good. Its all calls the caller hears the dialling tone but it does not ring or come up as incoming call on mine. I don't even get missed calls messages now only an alert if someone has left a message on voicemail.
I can make calls out.

James_B

Does restarting your phone resolve the issue, @Sumosue?

Are you able to test your SIM in another phone to see if the issue follows the SIM?

James

Yes I put my sim in my old phone and it was the same.
The service I had in Greece was fine in October. The phone automatically went on Cosmote network and all was good.
The only thing that has changed is I cannot connect to any other network that shows as available when i manually scan other than Nova,

James_B

Do you have the same problem when connected to Nova, @Sumosue?

James