cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ee Mobile won't receive messages from Vodafone egypt

Kandil
Investigator
Investigator

I've been struggling with this issue for weeks now. My EE mobile won't receive any text messages from an international mobile (Vodafone Egypt) while that mobile is roaming in the UK. However, all messages are marked as sent. Moreover, the international line can receive messages from any UK line with no issue.

I have tried changing the device multiple times with no luck. I've even replaced my EE SIM card with a new one, but the problem still persists.

Can anyone help with this?

5 REPLIES 5
bristolian
Legend
Legend

If you have eliminated all other variables, and are confident this is affecting receipt from one specific foreign network - this should be reported to CS for a fault investigation to be raised.

I did. The problem appears to be only with this network while roaming in the UK, I tried to receive text from the same network while the mobile is connecting to the home network, and surprisingly it has been received.

I reported this to the customer service and they are yet to understand the reason behind it, they requested to replace the sim card, and that doesn't even seem to resolve the problem

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Kandil,

Did you let Technical Support know that the replacement SIM didn't resolve the issue so they can look at getting a support ticket raised for you?

James

Hi @James_B 

I received the new SIM just yesterday, I have a scheduled follow up call with the Technical Support agent later today.

I hope they can come up with a solution for this problem

James_B
EE Community Support Team

That's great @Kandil 🙂

Please keep us updated.

James