Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My data isnt working in Montenegro

LisaHick31
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

My phone data isnt working, why is that? My data roaming is on. I rebooted my phone 3 times. I am now in Montenegro,so what is wrong? Please help.

Thank you,

Lisa

7 REPLIES 7
Schockwave
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Hello @LisaHick31 ,

Welcome to the community,

Are you on pay as you go or contract with EE?

Did you make sure that roaming is enabled on your account? This only applies to contract customers as pay as you go is automatically enabled.

Also have you done a manual search for a network?

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
I do have pay as you go.

Just to be clear, if I have pay as you go, I wont be able to have roaming
data?
Please clarify because I will have to buy another company sim card.
I did make roaming active on my account, I did that as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Lisa
bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

PAYG phones are auto-enabled for roaming, providing they are first used in the UK before travelling.

Did you do this? And does your phone display coverage of a local network?

Yes, I have used the ee sim in the UK first. I have never had any issues in
Spain, France, Italy, Croatia, just Montenegro.

The local network is showing on my phone as Telekom.me.
What shall I do?
Please advise.

Thanks,
Lisa
bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Try manually selecting an alternative local network.

I guess I dont know how to do that

Montenegro isn't in the EU unlike the 1st 4 countries. That means you cannot use your UK allowances there but will need to have PAYG credit to pay for services. Have you topped-up enough?

As it is not in EU, you will need to pay the charges or buy roaming add-ons as set out in https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/roaming-costs/countries/montenegro > PAYG.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)