cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group Call set up

Dahir
Visitor

How do I enable this? I have tried to merge calls but it won't work on my S10+. Please help.

19 REPLIES 19

@Russ14  3 way calling can be use for fraud purposes and entrapment, which of cause are Illegal,   

why the group call feature got removed I don’t know. 

if a user already has 3 way calling they could keep it until they upgraded at which point it should be removed.  

Why would an app that uses data use more battery power than a normal phone call ?  They are both connected to a cellular data connection but one uses data the other your call allowance but it’s still a data connection.  Perhaps the issue is with that app ??? 
 You can even turn on/off settings on the device to use less data for data calls. 

@Chris_B @Depends what your using the merge calls for. If you know everyone on the call then there’s no risk!

whatsapp and Facebook messenger both nail battery life using the call option. 

wardi
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Why is the suggestion of using an app 'unhelpful'?  A friend of mine uses an app called 'Free Conference Calling' which they say works a treat.  

@Russ14  Then why use those apps.  And as they are both Facebook owed you’ll probably find it’s the same code/app but with a different GUI on it.  And Facebook apps are known to be battery killers you don’t even need to use them for calling purposes. 

But that’s just it it doesn’t depend on what your using it for it’s the bad guys that can use this. 

Responses on here questioning the validity of the use case are incredibly annoying. If you don’t understand the requirement and don’t have anything to add don’t pitch in. Merge call is an entirely valid requirement and it’s removal is an issue for some customers, myself included. For example, calling a person who does not have a smartphone with the same app. This is an entirely realistic and reasonable scenario. 

What if that app is not available to all parties? If you don’t get it, your contribution is not helpful

There are independent third-party companies, that offer the exact same facility as Group Call did, but over a landline-number.

A quick Google should find these, but if all parties to a conference call are dialling in using a landline number, the costs will be no more than GC and in some cases (if calling from landlines) lower.

Services such as WebEx etc. I’m aware of, but this does not cover the same use cases that Merge Call did. It’s frustrating. Of all UK providers EE offers the most features, including Visual Voicemail, which is great, but the withdrawal of Merge Call is an unnecessary failing. I would be willing to pay for it as a chargeable add-on.

I'm unsure what function you're seeking to replicate, but...

It's not WebEx I'm referring to, but the ability for all parties to make a standard direct-dialled voice call into a communal conference bridge that uses standard landline numbers.

It won't replicate a handset-based conference call where the mobile user does the merging, if that's the function you want.

The ability to merge calls got removed quite awhile ago now so you ain’t coming back any time soon.  If this has now just been applied to your account count yourself lucky to of had it as long as you did while others didn’t.  EE is under no obligation to offer such service and it has never been part of a contract that you agreed too.