cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greece/Turkey

psmith_gb
Contributor
Contributor

I have an "old" contract, providing roaming within EU.

Going to Kos which is very close to Turkey. I understand that if my phone automatically connects to a Turkish network I will get charges.

One forum post says txt ROAM EU to 150 will prevent roaming outside the EU;  I did this and received a response saying I am now setup to roam in any country? (If I  subsequently go elsewhere in the world, how would I remove the ROAM EU restriction?

A different forum about Kos/Turkey suggested changing mobile settings to stop automatic network selection  by choosing a Greek network such as "comte". Is this in addition to, or an alternative to, ROAM EU?

Regards,

Paul

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@psmith_gb  Yes it’s in addition.   You can remove the restriction via your online EE account  

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @psmith_gb

Welcome to the community.

If the instruction to ROAM EU was accepted, you phone should not be able to connect to a mobile operator outside of the world. If you wanted to be extra careful, you could follow that second instruction to manually connect to a Greek network, but you shouldn't have to. Keep an eye on the operator at the top of the screen before making a call or sending a text, just in case.

You can remove it by texting ROAMING to 150 or in your My EE account.

Have a lovely time on holiday. 🙂

Chris

My online account allows me to activate/de-activate Roaming.  It simply adds that roaming can be restricted to EU by sending a txt ROAM EU to 150. This menu does not say how to rempove ROAM EU.  The inference is to disable Roaming, and then simply to activate it.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Removing roaming, then reactivating should set it back up for full international roaming, @psmith_gb.

Chris