cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE automated call system is rubbish

retinal
Explorer

I've been trying to talk to someone to query roaming charges for about 30mins and the automated phone system is simply designed to fob me off with a text message and then hang up.  Rubbish customer service.

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

What do you want to know about roaming charges? Perhaps we can help on that much quicker.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
retinal
Explorer

Hi, I wanted to ask why the roaming charges appear to have changed in the last few days.  My wife has gone to Albania and when I checked the website was saying that I simply needed to pay £2.30 a day for her to use her phone.  She received messages upon arrival stating the same.  She has now sent me a message this morning saying she has got a text asking her to buy a roaming add-on to continue using her phone which is £6.52 a day for 15MB?!  I have checked the EE website again and now the roaming charges are completely different.  Can anyone confirm that these costs have changed?

No, roaming charges haven't changed recently.

It's £2.29 per day to roam in EU but Albania isn't in EU. There you can buy the Travel Data Pass to allow data roaming for £7.84 (£6.53 ex-VAT) per day for 150 MB of data.

As it is not in EU, you cannot use your usual UK allowances there but will need to pay the charges or buy roaming add-ons as set out in https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/roaming-costs/countries/albania.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
AnnaPoci
Visitor

Ohmigod it’s SO BAD isn’t it? I had a really simple request which would have taken 1 minute to answer yet I spent at least 15 minutes going through all the different automated options…with each one ending in “Just hang up and respond to our text message”. The text messages only contained standard info which was nothing to do with my query. So useless and so so stressful! In the end, the only way I could speak to a human was to select the option that I was leaving EE. Then I got through to a super-helpful guy who answered my question quickly and thoroughly. Please EE, rethink this awful automated system that ties your customers up in loops!