cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Signal Booster

Bartdog25
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, ive just moved house and changed broadband provider (Vodafone) The EE signal strength here isn't the best on my iPhone, & the signal can drop out calls depending where you are in the house.

Ive found my old EE signal booster (last used 4 yrs ago) & connected it up. Called tech support & they confirm all is good with the booster (solid green) & is ok to use. But it doesn't!! any ideas to enable the booster appreciated - ps ive turned off wifi calling as recommended>>

Ruffbart25>>

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Bartdog25 

The signal boxes are now legacy technology and, although fully functional (I still have one here), there are some inherent benefits to be had, by using WiFi-calling if you're able.

If you enable WiFi-calling, what happens when you try to make or receive a call?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Bartdog25 

The signal boxes are now legacy technology and, although fully functional (I still have one here), there are some inherent benefits to be had, by using WiFi-calling if you're able.

If you enable WiFi-calling, what happens when you try to make or receive a call?

Hi, & thanks for the info, yes must admit wifi calling may well the best bet.

After i posted the message the booster did start to work.

While on a call it flashes slowly green, then after hanging up reverts to solid green.

Thanks again for the info>>

There's a couple of indicators that your calls are using the signal box. There is a brief "bleep" when you first dial out, and then the green light on the unit flashes while a voice call is active.

The signal box is, for all intents, a 3G microcell. Your phone will always prefer to use a WiFi-calling or 4G signal if one is available, and the network also allows seamless in-call handover between them. If you drift out of the signal box coverage area, your calls will drop - this is one of the advantages of using WiFi-calling if you're able.

Thanks, now the broadbands up & running, i'll use the wifi calling.

Learnt a lot there, & with the danger of going out of range & dropping calls, its back in the box its a no brainer>>👍👍