cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daughters in spain and no service

Firebladegriff
Investigator
Investigator

My daughters in Spain and didn't send roaming to 150 before hand as instructed. Now she's there and has no service. She can't text or call. How can we get her up and running please

8 REPLIES 8
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Firebladegriff 

If she can access wifi then she can download Skype and call EE on the number in my signature. 

Or use live chat via the Contact EE option. 

https://ee.co.uk/contact-ee

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Thank you. She can't get WiFi either

Hi @Firebladegriff 

There is nowhere she can connect to free wifi or tether to another mobile. 

She will have to use a pay phone or someone elses phone and use the international number. +44 (0)7953 966 150.

If these options are not available then there is nothing that EE can do. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
bristolian
Legend
Legend

If someone in the UK has third party authority to your daughter's account, they can contact CS and request roaming is activated on her phone.

I did that as I'm the account holder 

Cs say its set up. 

Roaming switched on her phone and rebooted, but still no service. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

If roaming is setup, there may be an issue with the specific network your daughter's phone is trying to connect to. When you say "roaming switched on her phone", can you explain what you mean? I ask because roaming is entirely an account/network-level setting, it can't be configured on device-level.

Using manual network search and trying to connect to each network in turn, is the next troubleshooting step.I

If all networks fail to connect, then it would tend to suggest roaming is not active or there is something else awry on the account.

Customer service aspire me its active 

Screenshot_20230930_150141_Edge.jpg

bristolian
Legend
Legend

That screenshot is the phone setting for data roaming - this just sets the ability to use mobile data whilst roaming. Phones don't have settings for voice roaming or text roaming, but that would be the equivalent.

If CS assure you that roaming is active, then trying to connect to every available network manually is the best course of action.