Cancellation

Temits1
Investigator
Investigator

I’ve tried to many times to cancel my Service with EE but it has been so hard to do that . I relocated to another country and the calling fee from abroad to cancel is so high . Moreover my number has been banned from calling. So literally don’t have any way to get in touch through call and I keep paying for the service I’m not using every month . This is tiring. It’s so easy to have an account with them but so had to cancel ( I don’t have to call to have an account with them ) . I need a solution as soon as possible 

12 REPLIES 12
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

If you are wanting to cease your mobile contract completely you need to phone EE giving 30 days notice of cancellation of your contract. If you are still within your min term you will be liable to pay early termination fees for the rest of the term. It will basically be months left x monthly charge - 4%.

You may also write to them giving your notice of cancellation at:

EE Customer Services
6 Camberwell Way
Sunderland
Tyne and Wear
SR3 3XN
United Kingdom

Include your name, address, EE account number and/or EE mobile number.

Your 30-days notice will be taken from when they receive your letter.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I’m away from the country, my number has been banned from calling. Hence I don’t have a way to call them . 

I have a friend in the U.K. , can he mail them on my behalf ? .. because it might take month before they will get it if I mail them myself  

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Temits1

If you have access to a mobile abroad you can contact our customer care team by calling +44 7953 966 250. 

Katie

Yeah I do … they said I must call with the number and it’s has been banned from calling , so I don’t have a way to call , only if I’m going to use the abroad number 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for getting back to me @Temits1

You will be able to speak with our customer care team regarding a disconnection calling from any device using the calling from abroad number. 

When calling you may be asked to enter your UK number that you wish to disconnect. 

Katie

@Temits1 , the reason for not being able to use your phone abroad is because you never had roaming enabled on your account.

If you have Skype, you can ring customer service for free:
+448000798586

otherwise you will have to follow what @XRaySpeX has suggested or use another phone and ring the number that @Katie_B has given you.

Why did you not cancel before moving abroad?

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Unlikely! It is your contract & it is now too late to appoint them as your representative to act on your account on your behalf.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

They said I will still have to pay a whopping £316 fee after 30 days notice . That’s crazy