Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive message while in India except from EE

Vijay2157
Investigator
Investigator

Hello, 

I have joined EE last year and I have pay monthly plan. Currently, I am on Holidays back in INDIA, I am not able to receive any text message except from EE. This is causing a lot of frustration as I am not able to get any financial transaction OTPs or I am not able to login to most of my personal sites which verifies through OTPs. Please help

8 REPLIES 8
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Can you make calls & texts? Did you recently port into EE?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Yes, I can make calls and send texts, I have ported my number into EE in
April 2020.
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Vijay2157

Welcome to the community.

Could you try manually connecting to a different available network please?

Let us know what phone you're using if you need some help doing that.

Chris

Hello @Christopher_G 

I have tried manually connecting to another network, I can see network only if I connect to AIRTEL INDIA network. However, I do not receive any message on my phone. 

I am using IPHONE 11 phone that I got a pay monthly contract.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

When you say just from EE, do you mean from us as a company or can you receive texts from EE users, @Vijay2157?

I can only suggest speaking to our Technical Support team to see if they can check your account is set up fully.

There's a live chat link and an international number on our get in touch help page.

Chris

Hello @Christopher_G ,

Yes I am just able to receive a message from EE company.

OK I will chat with EE then.

Thank you for your help, much appreciated.

Hello @Christopher_G ,

I am trying to reach EE through the link that you have provided, unfortunately, I am not able to see anything for live chat, nor the international numbers work for me. 

I was trying to find the EE customer care mail ID, however I am not able to find it.

could you please help me if you can help me on this.

thank you in advance.

regards,

Vijay

There is no EE Email contact.

Try calling the Freephone no. in my sig. over Skype. It should be free.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)