cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make international calls from the UK

saz00114
Investigator
Investigator

I cannot make any international calls when I'm home in the UK.

I can make calls in the local country when travelling but then cannot rung the UK.

I have set a caller allowance and do not have international calls barred. Cannot see another setting that might affect this.

Tried calling EE fir help but went round the houses with their automated 'help' links.

Anyone got any ideas, please?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your input, Katie.

Managed to talk to a human being and they ended up doing a system reset on my account. All sorted 👍 

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Are you on contract or PAYG?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
I'm on a SIM only contract Sent from my Galaxy
bristolian
Legend
Legend

@saz00114 wrote:

I have set a caller allowance

Do you mean a Spend Cap?

https://ee.co.uk/help/mobile/manage-use/pay-monthly/set-up-and-manage-spend-cap 

SIM only contract

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @saz00114 

Have you tried changing your spend cap? 

You can do this in your EE app if you select Settings and Permissions, then Spend Cap. 

Leanne.

No.

Contract but just the SIM. Phone bought outright 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @saz00114 

If you have a contract account, you may have a spend cap on your EE account and checking in the EE app as the steps above will see if you have a spend cap active which may stop international calls. 

Leanne.

I have a spending cap of £30 set already

The message I get is that "this number is barred from this phone" when I try calling Spain