cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t make calls in Malaysia

EJAD
Investigator
Investigator

On holiday and have roaming on /I have a monthly roaming plan but I can’t send texts or make calls. Any help would be appreciated. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thanks, yes is an unfortunate lesson to learn after the event. Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @EJAD 

Thanks for coming here. 

Calls and texts would be chargeable in Malaysia, full charges can be found here - Roaming Costs | Help | EE

Do you have signal showing? 

Leanne 🙂

None
Leanne_T

Thanks @EJAD 

Did you text ROAMING to 150 before travelling to make sure you had roaming set up for using the phone in Malaysia? 

Leanne.

No….
Leanne_T

Thanks @EJAD 

In this case we would need to check everything is set up for you on the account, to do this please call us on +44 7953966250 from any other phone or calling app and the team will help you further. 

Leanne.

bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@EJAD wrote:

On holiday and have roaming on /I have a monthly roaming plan

These two bits are different concepts.

"Having roaming on" means enabling the roaming facility - allowing your phone to connect to foreign networks. Usually done by texting ROAMING to 150 from the UK.

"Have a monthly roaming plan" or a billing add-on reduces the cost of roaming but does not automatically enable the roaming facility.

You appear to have satisfied point 2 but not point 1.

Hi thanks for your response, I’ve had someone back in the UK on the phone to EE for many hours yesterday trying to resolve and yes you’re right, I should have set up roaming before I left uk. Still not resolved. I’ve now bought a data package that I can’t access. It rumbles on…
bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Roaming activation can be requested by anyone with account access - but this is rightly restricted to those with knowledge of your account security.

Without roaming, mobile network access will be prevented abroad. This will affect calls, texts & mobile data which all use the mobile network.

Thanks, yes is an unfortunate lesson to learn after the event. Thanks for your help.