cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls ending instantly

Owenr1905
Explorer

I cannot make calls out for some reason not even to EE.

I called to upgrade my package on tuesday and ever since then my calls end instantly when trying to make outbound calls. They dont even ring just say call ended.

I am not abroad and have perfect service and wifi.

Please can someone help

7 REPLIES 7
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Have you toggled flight mode? Are you able to send/receive text messages? Are you able to use mobile data?

What do you mean by "upgrade your package"? Are you referring to a change of priceplan?

I am not on flight mode and am able to use mobile date.

By upgrade my package I called EE to include roaming in my contract and ever since then I cannot make calls outbound

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Do you mean that you enabled the free roaming facility? Or that you requested a billing add-on for roaming? Many people confuse the two.

You've not answered whether you can send & receive texts.

i can send and receive texts

I added on roaming to the billing 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Your ability to send texts & use mobile data demonstrates a network connection. Are you using an Apple or Android phone? And is this problem location-specific?

There's a few further checks you can try, to rule out an issue with VoLTE/4G-calling. Otherwise this could be an account-specific issue which would merit contact with EE CS from another phone.

Using an iphone 11  doesnt seem to be location specific as have been in different locations trying to make calls

I am going to take it into apple store to see if issue with phone itself but never had this problem before until now so reckon issue with ee

bristolian
Legend
Legend

VoLTE is enabled by default on iOS I believe. Test whether you can use WiFi-calling, this using the same core network elements.

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/iphone/iph78f4697ca/ios