cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Australia and NZ services

Mobileboy
Explorer

Just landed in Australia but phone not connected to any mobile services. Have Australia and NZ as part of my contract. 
Struggling as travelling and can’t use the app for web chat as it’s down. Only WiFi connection via cafes. 
Can you please fix this asap for both Aus and NZ?

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mobileboy : How is Australia and NZ part of your contract?

Did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK by texting ROAMING to 150? Having a roaming billing add-on doesn't of itself activate roaming on your a/c.

Often just rebooting the phone is the simple remedy. Also try selecting a network manually rather than auto. Otherwise you need to call CS to get your roaming activated. Try calling CS on the Freephone no. in my sig. on Skype over WiFi. It should be free.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I’ve got roaming activated for Europe so assumed that it was also active for Aus and NZ given it’s part of the same add-on. 
Previously tried reboot -  didn’t work 

Will try contacting CS when on decent WiFi. Is it 24 hour? Or do I need to fit to uk time zone?

Do you mean you have the Roam Abroad Pass as an Inclusive Extra?

Having a roaming billing add-on like that doesn't of itself activate roaming on your a/c.

CS is open from about 8AM to 8:30PM UK time.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)