cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best outdoor antenna for my 5gee router

lowdown94
Contributor
Contributor

hey guys so i recently got the ee 5g router because i live in the middle of nowhere but luckily i have a 5g mass near me, i am getting 80-130 mb download but would like to up it which ee said i could benefit off an antenna but i want to buy and fit my own could anyone recommend which one to get 

19 REPLIES 19
MozzaSec
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

best place to look is on the ISP Review forums, as they have a dedicated board to Mobile Broadband, and there are so many options...

EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Depends on the Router Model No. If it's a Huawei or EE Badged Router with only 2 Antenna Ports then its an easy choice.

If it's a Zyxel NR5301 with 4 Antenna Ports then its not so easy and will depend on your 4G Signal and your 5G Freq Band.

for model on bottom just says 5gee router it has 4 antenna ports vertically

ss.jpg

is that any good

https://www.solwise.co.uk/5G-XPOL-1 Would this be Suitable ? 

EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Yes, that's the Zyxel NR5301 with the 4 Antenna Ports, best to say its not as straight forward as the 2 Port Routers because of the way the Ports have been configured (or EE have requested it to be configured).

Youve got a few options with this, depending on what 4G and 5G Bands are in your area, either 2 lots of 2x2 Mimo Antennas or 1 4x4 Mimo Antenna, but the later would need to cover All of EE's 4G and 5G Bands currently being used now or in the future.

On the Routers Status Page (Admin Area) there will be a Signal Status Info, which should report some or all of the following, Network in use 4G or 5G (the later may say NR or NSA), 4G and 5G Bands currently in use, 4G will be B(something) 5G will be n(something), RSRP for both 4 and 5G, enBid or Cell ID Number, plus anything else that apears on the Status Page.

Post up what you have (please dont post any Mobile Numbers or IMEI Numbers).

Wireless network name: 5GEE-Router-2ZHK

•  
2.4GHz WiFi: Enabled
Connected devices: 0

•  
5GHz WiFi: Enabled
Connected devices: 4

•  
Guest WiFi: Disabled

is this the correct information ? ive never logged onto the ee hub thing to check it

No thats WiFi Info, you need the Status of the Mobile Network.

Let me see if I can find a screenshot on the Web or something.