Established Contributor
Established Contributor
16 REPLIES 16
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @shazadali418 

Welcome to 2018. Old news really. 

5G was never designed for consumers usage. Unfortunately some networks have focused on 5G to the detriment of their already great 4G service. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
shazadali418
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yea sad really I mean why pay for 5G contract. When you are actually getting 4G 95% of the time.

5G will be great in the next 5 to 10 years. Not know 

@shazadali418 , 5G works, but that will depend where you are. If there is no 5G, then it will automatically revert to 4G, you cannot have different prices, as all SIM cards are now 5G enabled, and why should we not use 5G if it works and if not 4G is also very good.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

@shazadali418  5G has to roll out it’s never full coverage straight the way in fact this is exactly how 4G rolled out.   
just to add your not paying for a 5G contract your paying for a connection to use a service that can get any network connection type., all contracts support 5G,4G,3G at present and 2G.  Just like when 4G was rolled out.  Only at the very beginning you had to have a 5G contract but now all contracts come with 5G as standard 

@shazadali418 

There will be another standard in 5-10 years. 

As per the video the issue is distance and cell sites. The equipment is also massively expensive. 

Carriers won't sell 4G only Sims as they need you to buy into 5G becase of the licences they have purchased (wasn't mentioned in the video) and investment in equipment. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
shazadali418
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

It doesn't work for me that's why I will be switching to another cheaper provider I rather pay less. For a service that's 50% ready then pay ludicrous contract prices

shazadali418
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yes I understand. But in my line of work if I lose connection I lose money.. I don't mind if I lose connection. Here and there. But I am always losing connection  when I need it. It never used to happen before ever since 5G is being rolled out. 4G  has got worse for some reason. I understand ,5G is not ready yet. But I shouldn't be getting a poor connection with 4G if it switches. Since 4g has always been good. 

shazadali418
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Actually it was mentioned he said providers want you to use 5G. That's why you have 5G ready phones now. 

It was already know that 5G waves had a problem in metal buildings. But it was pushed anyway. I didn't have this problem with 4g. It looks like the technology has gone backwards 🤷.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @shazadali418

Have you spoken to our technical support team about this? They should be able to check the performance of the network in your area.

Chris