Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible phone signal on EE

thejedi05
Investigator
Investigator

Hi everyone,

I have come to EE from GiffGaff and now thinking about going back. The signal has been abismal on my mobile phone since the transfer. Before, in work, I had at least half a bar on 4G. Now with EE I have absolutely nothing unless I go to the car park!! Not good in the Cornish weather!!! I need to use my phone in work on a regular basis.

So if anyone has any ideas aside from sticking a sky dish onto my mobile [if that would help??] then please say.

I'm finding the issue bizzare seeing as EE and BT are together now and EE brags about being the best you can get which is clearly is not true at all!!

Steve

6 REPLIES 6
thejedi05
Investigator
Investigator

I have come to EE from GiffGaff and thinking about going back. The signal has been abismal on my mobile phone since the transfer. Before, in work, I had half a bar on 4G. Now with EE I have absolutely nothing unless I go to the car park!! Not good in the Cornish weather!!! I need to use my phone in work on a regular basis.

So if anyone has any ideas aside from sticking a sky dish onto my mobile [if that would help??] then please say.

I'm finding the issue bizzare seeing as EE and BT are together now and EE brags about being the best you can get which is clearly is not at all!!

Steve

bristolian
Legend
Legend

All networks have good and bad coverage areas, does the service from EE broadly match the prediction on the webtool?

https://coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee - follow "check coverage"

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @thejedi05 

Welcome to the community.

Further to @bristolian's reply, do you have access to WiFi at work? WiFi calling may help you in this situation.

Chris

Hi Christopher,

I work in education so I cannot connect a personal device to the network.

Many thanks

Thanks for your reply Bristolian.

Looks like it's meant to be a good connection after checking with your link, but sadly it isn't. My GiffGaff connection gave me a strong 4G but EE absolute zero connection.

Cheers

bristolian
Legend
Legend

If the coverage prediction is varying wildly from your real-world experience, there's likely to be one of two reasons.

1: You're unlucky to be in a small pocket of poor coverage, that's too small to be displayed on the map due to granularity. These things happen, only experimenting & surveying will prove this.

2: There's a local service outage - the "check status" option is a test of this, as is comparing with other EE users locally as to whether this is normal or is derogating from the norm.