Signal problems

DJGAZZA
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Can anyone tell me why my signal in my house is only on 1 bar while when I was with PlusNet who used EE for their signals was always on full amount yet EE is never anywhere near that and why I can not get WiFi calling yet on PlusNet I had it 2 things that is turning my experience with this company yet nobody at EE will even help me?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DJGAZZA 

Do we have any reported signal problems for your area showing on the EE Coverage & Network Status Checker | Check your signal if you enter your postcode, device and select 'check status'? 

Have you had 4G showing at home since you transferred?

We are switching off 3G, full details and help can be found in our We’re Switching Off Our 3G Network (ee.co.uk) Help page.

Leanne.

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@DJGAZZA  You should have Wi-Fi calling it just might need to b enabled on your account customer service can check this for you.

you should also have the same signal strength now your with EE.      What device is it ? 

DJGAZZA
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Well I do not have it when I had it with PlusNet until I turned to this rubbish should have known with it been owned by BT overpriced and definitely not the UK No1 mobile company what a shambles this is yet nobody is at this com0any is helping me at all beginning to think I made the wrong choice maybe I should have gone back ot o2 as I know in my house it is always full signal.

DJGAZZA
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

At the moment a Samsung A13 answer no it is not 5G I hope to have a new phone this month that supports 5G my sim says 3G yet when I am out of the house my phone says 4G for data what a joke this is and no I will never use iPhone ever again either total rip off phones.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DJGAZZA 

Do we have any reported signal problems for your area showing on the EE Coverage & Network Status Checker | Check your signal if you enter your postcode, device and select 'check status'? 

Have you had 4G showing at home since you transferred?

We are switching off 3G, full details and help can be found in our We’re Switching Off Our 3G Network (ee.co.uk) Help page.

Leanne.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Onscreen signal bars are only a rough guide to service, often different phones can give differing readouts when being served by the same site - hence it not being the be-all-and-end-all. Also fewer bars can often be caused by using high-band carriers which will give better data service than "more bars" on low-bands.

What service issues are you having, which you believe are being caused by the perceivably reduced service?

DJGAZZA
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

As I said in the original post that PlusNet whobuse EE signals were always full bar on this phone yet ever since I came to use EE who told me that PlusNet only got about a 3rd of the strength EE customers get so why was this phone full with them uetnonly 1 bar with this company then why I can't get an answer yo a simple question is beyond me.

DJGAZZA
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

For sim cards it says LTE 3G yet when I am on data it says 4G. There are no problems as I said all over tg8s city I struggle with a signal on EE but never had that problem on PlusNet yet nobody from EE will even help to find out why some helpful company this is may as well find someone else again..

There are various reasons why onscreen bars can differ between two phones.

To move from speculation into a reasoned answer would need the two phones side-by-side and a comparison of specific radio parameters. Can you arrange this?

DJGAZZA
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

OK come on what part of using PlusNet at full bar and then EE 1 bar in the same phone don't you understand not a different signal at all using the same phone masts as PlusNet as they piggy backed on EE signals so do not give me different phones have different signal strengths it is the same phone EE are and overpriced joke not surprising been owned by overpriced BT now is it.