cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rossendale, Lumb and Water coverage

datmandan
Explorer

I would like to know what the intention is to improve the Whitewell mast availability?

There has been significant issues with bandwitch since December. Today the signal has also now dropped which I believed is currently being investigated. It seems ironic that this mast is so poorly serving the community yet the next mast in Rawtenstall offers excellent 5G. 

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Additional spectrum can easily be provided on 4G just as well as 5G - NR is not the panacea to increased data speeds that many believe.

What are the issues you're having in Whitewell? Local coverage outages can always be checked and reported using the webtool - https://coverage.ee.co.uk/network/ee & "check status"

I am aware from experience that 5G is not a fix and have found in places 5G delivers worse bandwidth. 

There is a known issue with the mast, part of their email to me:

”…This is due to high utilization on the site that you have been connecting too. We could see an increase from 40% to 90+%. We are unable to make any changes to improve this at the moment.”

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Utilisation issues are resolved by either tech and/or carrier adds.

How straightforward this is depends on the specific site config - including whether any changes to the antenna system or additional backhaul, is required.