cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Is it just me or is ee phone signal poor

Foxtrotter
Explorer

I have also found the EE signal weaker around the Country.  I have both a phone and a mobile WiFi/Myfi contract.   The phone signal often loses  connection in area where the signal was always good.  
The bigger problem is the WiFi/Myfi.   I use this in two main locations where again the signal has always been strong and stable.  Since January this year the signal often cuts out sending any device connected to it into a buffering meltdown. 

EE said it was the device which was an EE mobile device so I brought a new device, a TP-LINK that had great reviews, only to find I still have the same problem.  Incidentally, in the two locations I use it in  EE say the signal strength is excellent however other household members have the same weak designate with their EE devices.

Can’t wait until my contract ends so I can ditch EE.

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

@Foxtrotter wrote:

since January this year the signal often cuts out

Do you mean the coverage is dropping? Or that data throughput on a good indicated signal is dropping?

Have you reported the issues for further investigations?

Hi, if we’re watching/streaming anything through the mobile Wifi/Myfi device it either starts buffering or a message pops up saying not connected to the internet. When I go into settings it says it’s connected !

I have reported it twice to EE who first of all said it was the actual device so I purchased another then secondly they gave me a new SIM but neither solved the issue.  
EE say the area I’m in has a ‘very good signal’ but I get 2.41 Mbps download speed inside and out side my house whereas previously, prior to January this year, we got uninterrupted coverage.

@Foxtrotter wrote:

EE say the area I’m in has a ‘very good signal’ but I get 2.41 Mbps download speed inside and out side my house whereas previously, prior to January this year, we got uninterrupted coverage.

You're conflating two concepts here. In very crude terms, the "very good signal" gives you a larger number of on-screen bars - the speed of mobile data is dictated by the spectrum/capacity available. The two are not directly related.

Requirements can vary, but a ~2.5Mbps download speed could potentially be enough to support HD streaming. When you say "watching/streaming anything" - what exactly are you trying to view, from where?

I suspect your issue is data speed, not coverage.