cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Is it just me or is ee phone signal poor

Lisab22
Visitor

My signal has dropped off completely on an iPhone 11 that was working fine. Both the data and phone signal improved slightly when I turned in 4g off snd click yes to WiFi calls 

but it is still much worse than 4 weeks ago and the status and coverage checker says everything’s fine.

some plusnet friends phones stopped working completely as that is moved to Ee so it could be worse.

7 REPLIES 7
bristolian
Legend
Legend

I would expect your overall coverage to degrade by disabling 4G/VoLTE, because you lose access to the "extended range" 800Mhz service that will usually improve indoor & rural coverage especially.

If you're experiencing an improvement in call reliability, that would suggest local optimisation is ongoing.

Rikbar
Explorer

Not just you - I have noticed over the last few months my phone coverage has become a lot worse and I am suffering dropped calls a lot either at home or on the move. No idea what EE have done but what was a very strong network appears to have been turned into a problem, am currently trying to decide whether to move to another provider as the network appears awful these days.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Rikbar 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

If you select the 'check status' option at EE Coverage & Network Status Checker | Check your signal, does it report any problems?

Leanne.

Profile closed
Not applicable

Yes, me too. It is incredibly slow, generally only 1 bar. Coverage says excellent but it’s not on my phone. Thinking of moving too. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

There's nothing wrong with "only 1 bar" - two phones side-by-side can often display different bars for the exact same signal.

This is why the onscreen bars are only a rough guide to service.

Bogeyflicker01
Visitor

No, don't thinks it you. A lot of my friends and myself have also noticed the poor quality of signal strength over the last few months.

I was BT mobile previously before being told I had to switch to EE as they were part BT and noticed how the signal strength was a lot worse since switching to EE.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bogeyflicker01,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

BT Mobile uses the EE network so switching wouldn't have affected your signal.

Does the Network Status Checker report any problems in your area?

James