cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage in Newhaven

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

We are aware of a signal issue that is affecting some of our customers in the Newhaven area. Our mast had to be removed in April 2024, as this was requested by the landowner. 

Our engineers began looking for a new location as soon as we were made aware our equipment had to be removed. We have located two potential areas for a new mast and are currently conducting surveys to make sure the locations will be suitable for the equipment. 

Pending a positive outcome from the surveys, we can start legal steps to legally acquire the land from the site provider and start building the equipment needed for the new mast. 

We will keep you updated on this post.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused. In the meantime, you may be able to use WiFi Calling to make and receive calls and texts over a WiFi connection. 

For information on who can use WiFi Calling and how to set up this service, please see our EE WiFi Calling: All you need to know, article. 

15 REPLIES 15
Emma4578
Visitor

How long is this issue likely to take? 

Having significant issues with connection.

123R-loop
Explorer

Hello

I have 5G on my phone. It's been 2 weeks and I have less than 5 Mbps (using fast.com) in my flat. I can barely use Internet. Would you provide any alternative whilst you solve the problem? 

Any help would be much appreciated 

Thank you

AEH

P.S. location: Edinburgh NEWHAVEN area.

Sumbagemma44
Explorer

This is a serious issue and huge inconvenience, can you please advise timescale on resolution? We all need to know, I am expecting important calls regarding my medication? 

Also, I keep receiving text messages saying problems has been solved???

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Sumbagemma44 @123R-loop @Emma4578 

Thanks for posting 

Once we have further information the main post will be updated. 

To discuss your options if you are affected by the mast being offline, please get in touch with our mobile guides who can help you further. 

Leanne.

pmollahan
Explorer

Hi,

I reported a problem last week in this area EH64QQ. I was told there is no problem but just found the above. I can't make it receive calls in my home which is a huge issue as I work from home. 

What can we do in the short term? 

Anytime you have indoor coverage issues for whatever reason, you can use WiFi-calling to continue using your phone as normal.

The service supports inbound & outbound direct-dialled voice calls, sending & receiving text messages, and doesn't need any apps.

Hi @pmollahan 

Check the network checker: 

https://ee.co.uk/help/service-status/mobile

Network problems in your area (EH64QQ)

Updated on 6 May 2024 at 6:13 PM

We're aware of signal problems that are affecting our customers in Newhaven Here is a link to the community page where you will find the latest information.

Read updates and give feedback

We can also keep you updated by text message or email about this issue.

We’ll only send you updates about this issue. Once it’s resolved, we won’t send any more.

Can you connect to EE wifi calling service if you have home landline broadband.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.