cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Calls dropping out!

Ben326
Investigator
Investigator

we are having the same issues with a number of our phones , all new handsets , all new sim cards 

8 REPLIES 8
JonX_1919
Investigator
Investigator

The network has been shocking for months, you cant make a call while moving. My android on O2 is faultless, but IPhone on EE is just unusable. 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ben326 and @JonX_1919 

Could you please put your postcode in our coverage checker and hit 'check status' please? It will let you know if we're aware of a problem in your area, or let you report one if we're not.

Chris

Hi Cristopher , 

our company representatives travel in the entire area covering from Exeter to Bognor Regis and up to Stratford upon Avon (including London) and have constant issues since we have moved over to EE. calls drop out repeatedly which is frustrating our customers . sufficed to say this is not good for business. 

so following your kind suggestion if there is a way to report a problem that covers most of the south of the uk and your network, without going through every individual postcode that would be most helpful . 

Christopher_G

OK, thanks for explaining some more, @Ben326 

Have you discussed this with our business technical support team

Chris

I had called and reported it but was given the option to call 150 which we have done and i must say they were less than helpful , offering us new sim cards which has already been done considering they are two months old give or take.

Beyond that no help has been offered or suggested and people on the phone have been reluctant to talk to any staff reporting issues. 

So far I'm far from impressed with the level of service provided from EE.

Christopher_G

I'm sorry to hear that, @Ben326.

I understand that the signal may not be as stable when travelling at speeds, as you're moving from one mast to another and potentially passing through areas where the coverage doesn't quite reach. I would expect you to have better coverage when stationary though. If they have lost service while travelling, it's definitely worth restarting the device to force the phone to connect to a signal.

Chris

bristolian
Legend
Legend

If phones are dropping calls over a widespread geographical area, it sounds like a potential handover issue - but these should be localised to specific sites or travel routes.

Are you having this issue with 5G phones or 4G ones? Does VoLTE show on the phone screen when calls drop?

the majority of our phones are 4G , we do have a number that are 5G which seem to have less issues. 

i cant vouch for it showing VoLTE as its not my handset having the issues but i will ask the staff to look .