Re: 5G packs

Lleision
Investigator
Investigator

This is a complete joke! Did EE/Orange have 4G of 3G plans? Come on, 5G should be a natural migration. Folk pay enough for their phones and plans without having to cough up for an upgrade which has been paid for by current customers. This is a disgrace!

8 REPLIES 8
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Lleision  4G wasn’t available to PAYG customers when it started to roll out it was only last year that PAYG customers got 4G calling.  As 5G is still only covers certain areas you not going to get it on pay-as-you-go just yet. 

354-
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@Lleision - you could try switching to another carrier, 1pMobile? They use the EE network, with 2, 3, 4, 5 G, WiFi calling.

Hi,

I’m not talking about PAYG customers here, I’m talking about folk who have been loyal customers on contracts for many years!

Sent from my iPhone

@Lleision : You posted in the PAYG forum. This thread & the OP is all about PAYG & 5G. Hence we naturally take it that you are on about the same as you latched onto this thread.

The Orange network was 3G.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@Lleision ,, if you are on contract you should be able to get 5G where it is available and with the newer phones. This will depend what phone you have, and if you have had your SIM card for a number of years, you may need a replacement SIM card to get 5G, this happened with me, by the way.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Lleision 

You can get an 150GB 5g SIM only plan for as low as £20. Or for an extra £5 you can have a smart plan.

Your old contract must cost more than this? 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

@Lleision  Oh you want 5G but you don’t want to pay for it.    When EE rolled out 4G you had to pay for it if you wanted it or you stayed with 3G on Orange or T-Mobile.  You didn’t get it as standard until you could no longer take out a contract on Orange/T-Mobile.     All of EE current contract are mainly 5G you’ll not get 5G until you upgrade to have it as your current contract doesn’t include 5G.  

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lleision

Thanks for coming to the community.

To access 5G you'll need a 5G ready pay monthly plan and a 5G device, you can find full details on 5G in our What plan do I need to connect to 5G? Help page. 

If you have any further questions please let us know. 

Leanne.