cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non existent reception where I live

LBrown24
Visitor

For the past 6 months at least, the reception in the area I live & work is awful. I cannot use my mobile in my house for calls at all I have to stand outside. On Sunday the technical team confirmed there are lots of issues with a mast near where we live which is the cause. They asked me to keep 3 days worth of records evidencing issues, they’d call on Wednesday which they did but guess what they couldn’t get through, they left 2 messages. I called them Wednesday evening explained the whole story again, was told again there are problems & will get a call last night which I didn’t. I called them went through the story again was asked to keep 3 days of records said already done have information gave to them they passed me through to a  in level 2 tech team who said so you’ve been having problems why have you taken out 2 new contracts which I did at Christmas for my young daughters. He admitted there was a problem but would need to use WiFi calling. He was so rude he’s let EE down massively. At the time of taking the 2 new contracts out it wasn’t as bad as now, I’m on a contract which I was tied into already I get multi line discount etc been with EE for years why take such a bad attitude. Anybody else experienced this and have any advise. I pay nearly £150 p/m to have rubbish service & be spoken to like an idiot like it’s my problem!!

[mod edit: please do not post personal information such as names and phone numbers on the public board. Thanks!]

1 REPLY 1
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Does the "check status" option on the coverage tool - https://coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee - show a recognised issue?

Without knowing specifics, it's not necessarily unusual for "technical support" to find a network fault somewhere and avoid the need for further investigations.

WiFi-calling is an excellent mitigation for indoor coverage issues as & when they occur.