No Service

jamesc2020
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, 

I have an iPhone that used to be on a company account. The company have given me the phone now and it was changed to PAYG on Sunday 01/11/2020 by EE.

Yesterday on 02/11/2020 I bought an EE PAYM £5 package and received a text to the phone to say it was registered and would renew every month. I was able to make and receive calls and texts on 01/11/2020 and 02/11/2020 however this morning it is showing as No Service so cant make or receive calls. 
I have turned the phone off and on, turned airplane mode off and on but still No Service. Its happening inside and outside. 

The Network Status Checker is showing no problems in my area.

Help? Thank you

11 REPLIES 11
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @jamesc2020 

Do you know anyone else locally who is on EE whom you could compare coverage with? If there's an issue with the EE network locally, it would affect all users. You could also try performing a manual network search within the phone's network settings menu, to see if EE is shown as an available network.

If other people have coverage, that would tend to indicate an issue with your phone - you could then swap SIMs to further prove the problem.

The faults checker that you've mentioned, includes the facility to "report a problem" if you believe there's an issue that's not showing.

Hi @bristolian 

I have swapped my EE sim with my EE sim from my work phone.

The EE sim from my work phone works fine but when I put my personal EE sim into the work phone it comes up as 'No Service' so the problem looks like it's the sim.

How can this be resolved please? Do I need a new sim card - how do I go about this and ensure it would be the same phone number and linked to my PAYM account?

Thanks for your help

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @jamesc2020,

What response do you get if your text BALANCE to 150 from your old work SIM?

Thanks

James

Hi @James_B 

The work SIM is not connected to my phone, it's just another EE SIM.

My phone used to be on a company account but a lady at EE business swapped this to PAYG to start on 01/11/2020. Yesterday I signed up to a PAYM but woke up this morning to 'No Service'.

When I've put the SIM card into my work phone it says 'No Service' too. Sorry I know it's a bit confusing as my current phone used to be my work phone.

James_B

Hi @jamesc2020,

Just to clarify, did you request to move your work number to pay as you go or get a new pay as you go SIM with a new number?

Thanks

james

Can you confirm that both of your SIMs are, or should be, live pay-monthly accounts?

I'm only asking because that would eliminate a possible (rare) network-issue that could also potentially cause this behaviour, and leave an account-specific problem that @James_B may be able to look at.

Hi,

I requested to move my company number to PAYG - a lady called Leanne from EE confirmed she had moved it from a company account to PAYG from 01/11/2020 however she never mentioned a new SIM card but said the number would remain the same. So it's the same SIM card that was in the phone for the last few years when it was a company device.

It seemed to have worked the last 2 days but No Service now,

The EE sim card from my current work phone (that I tried in my phone earlier this afternoon) will be on a company account. This worked fine when I tried it in my personal phone. The SIM card that I've had for the past few years (and should have moved to PAYG from 01/11/2020) is 'No Service' on both phones. 

Hope that's making sense 🙂

James_B

Yes, I think I'm with you @jamesc2020

So you had a personal EE pay monthly plan that you recently switched to pay as you go? Were you sent a new SIM when you switched?

James