cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Wifi Calling suddenly stopped working on my iPhone

amineb
Investigator
Investigator

As per this afternoon, my wifi calling stopped working altogether, I switched to EE few days ago on PAYG SIM only from GiffGaff as I moved to live in an area where there's no phone signal unfortunately and I need to MFA authenticate for work etc. so remembered that EE Wifi Calling can save the day .. this worked perfectly until today, coincidence it stopped after my mobile number from GiffGaff was ported to EE 🤔

I tried flight mode, many reboots, reset network, disabled/re-enabled wifi calling but nothing worked so far

Help please, is there a reason this is happening .. any suggestions are much appreciated

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I gave the phone one more desperate reboot before midnight yesterday and it started using wifi calling after that .. Phew

No idea what was the issue but I’m really happy it started working again

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
bristolian
Legend
Legend

It's not entirely clear if you've tried this, but enable flight mode and then manually re-enable WiFi to force zero mobile coverage. Also check whether other internet-based functions operate over the same router.

If that fails to get the expected behaviour, then it'll be worth testing your phone on other WiFi routers to see if the issue is consistent to the phone or the individual WiFi.

Yep, tried the flight mode and manually enabling the wifi but no luck, internet works fine on this mode and speed is really good as I'm on a 500mb fibre connection

Thanks for the second point, will try tomorrow on different router/wifi, hopefully this will give us some clues

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @amineb 

Thanks for coming here. 

Please let us know how you get on with another WiFi network 🙂

Speak soon. 

Leanne.

I gave the phone one more desperate reboot before midnight yesterday and it started using wifi calling after that .. Phew

No idea what was the issue but I’m really happy it started working again

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Great news @amineb 

Thanks for letting us know and if you need any help in future please let us know 🙂

Leanne.

MonicaGill
Investigator
Investigator

I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this worked Wi-Fi Calling on your iPhone. Here are some steps you can try to fix it:-

1. Carrier Compatibility:- First, confirm that your carrier supports Wi-Fi Calling. Not all carriers do. Check your carrier's website or contact them directly.
2. Wi-Fi Connection:- Ensure you have a strong and stable Wi-Fi connection. Try using a different Wi-Fi network to isolate the issue.
3. Enabled Wi-Fi Calling:- Go to Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling and make sure the toggle switch is turned on.
4. Restart iPhone:- A simple restart can sometimes resolve temporary glitches.
5. Software Update:- Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS. Updates often include bug fixes that might improve Wi-Fi Calling functionality.
6. Enable/Disable Airplane Mode:- Toggle Airplane Mode on and off. This can sometimes refresh the network connection.
7. Reset Network Settings:- This will erase all your saved Wi-Fi passwords and Bluetooth connections, so be prepared to re-enter them. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. More effective assistance below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlAU-rHUr5Q&ab_channel=TheGeekPage