cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disability incomplete set up and no response to all media.

AndMarkwe
Investigator
Investigator

despite the difficulty getting ee team that there I’m still waiting & waited 6 months since after 14june 2023 and than from after 13 th November I have kept & kept repeated to request to speak to the manager from EE because there is no response after I sent about 26 e-Mail to au.team@ee.co.uk and to the disabilityserviceteam@ee.co.uk that they SHOULD have replied because their e-Mail address were valid & verified monitored e-Mail address that I have received since I have registered in June this year.

i’m sure there is evidence that I think there is a data breach for not replying to customers e-Mail which it’s unacceptable I have not received any reply  for 6 months that I’d like the manager to get into touch asap to get the sms texting problem to all types of the fixed landline I think there a fault on their system which there shouldn’t be any fault that it’s the law under the deaf telecommunication regulations act. Please would they PLEASE promptly reply without further waits please?IMG_0948.png

10 REPLIES 10
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @AndMarkwe 

The text won't send becase you're on a VPN on WiFi. Turn off the VPN. 

Also don't use +44 rather use 0 as unless you're abroad you don't need to use this prefix. 

EE will only be able to help with their network but you are adding additional problems with a VPN as that changes your network and other factors such as the type and location of the VPN. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

hello,

I thanks I have tried turning off vpn it’s still won’t work that way to send to any fixed landline that the number I have been trying all for 6 months. it’s still cannot be sent at all it’s ridiculous. I’m sure there is evidence to be a network fault somewhere despite tried all their number from their website except the 150, but why cannot the EE disability customer service 422 be used they were working 10 years ago and it’s not it’s extremely disgusting it’s should be made available that it’s unacceptable I cannot get to speak to the manager that I have a Rights to get them fixed asap.

should I have to get my iPhone fully diagnosed by Apple Store to find a fault for the problem texting to all types ofbthe uk & international fixed landline telephone that sms text it’s should be sent off successfully as it’s not working. I have tried the PAYG ordinary standard mobile phone the same problem remain the same that sms text still not sent to their numbers that it’s still not working there a network fault somewhere that both mobile and iPhone 13 max  I have tried  all sort to nothing  as vpn were off. 

should there be a a solution to end the long waits to get in touch via Facebook private message or X Twitter private message  that it’s should have replied why they ignore my request to get Ito speak to customer service to no reply? I think it their attuide I think they rude I put the complaint in to the complaint dept last night because ico has said there is possible to be a data breach for not replying after I sent 26 e-mails to au.team@ee.co.uk and  to disabilityserviceteam@ee.co.uk  and why they not replying that I have a Rights to get the disability  service fully set up as it’s still incomplete at the  moment  due there is problem getting their reply it is extremely disgusting that it’s unacceptable their attitude I’m sure  is the problem?

[mod edit: please do not post personal information such as phone numbers on the public board. Thanks!]

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AndMarkwe,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Sorry, the Customer Care number you are trying to send a text to only accepts voice calls.

Do you have the EE app? If you're a pay monthly customer, you can chat with the team online via the help tab.

I'm not familiar with the email addresses you mentioned, were they provided to you by EE after you registered your disability?

James

hi James, thanks for message I have tried all sort to get the sms text that it’s should be sent to the number as I mentioned I’m sure there a fault on their system it is ridiculous. Yes I did get their  disability e-Mail addresses there were 2 different one is au.team@ee.co.uk and to the disabilityserviceteam@ee.co.uk which it’s was sent successfully sent, but no reply it’s disgusting that I sent 27 of them for 6 months as I’ve no idea it is not a complete under joke it’s rude to not reply it’s disgusting that the two e-Mail were valid & active genuine ee disability e-Mail addresses, but why shouldn’t they ignores my Rights to get in touch? If there a authority I can report the matter about the problem not getting them to reply and  not the ombudsman service such as the government  reporting the breach?

James_B

Hi @AndMarkwe,

The text issue you're seeing isn't a fault, it's just that the customer care contact number is only set up for voice calls and can't receive texts messages. If you would like to chat with customer care via text, you can do this in the help section of the EE app.

I don't think any members of the EE Team would choose not to reply to your messages if they have been received. Where and when did you get those email addresses? It could be that they're no longer in service.

James

Hi @AndMarkwe 

Sending a text to a landline used to be an mms message which is converted from text to speech.  I don't know if EE offers this service anymore. Is the fixed line you are trying to text analogue or digital and do they have the service activated. 

The second point is your iPhone uses iMessage which goes over data via Apple not via EE SMS gateway. As a result that service may not be available via Apple. 

I cannot comment on the delay. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

thanks I have tried the number using iMessage I’m sure a gateway fault  on their network that  I told to all 3 mobile providers and why they not comply under the deaf telecommunication regulations tgat it’s SHOULD be allowed sms texting under the deaf telecommunication policy it is disgusting  that I think they all breached the regulation tgat I complaint to ofcom last week.

thinking of leaving ee despite to no reply it is ridiculous I don’t think it’s suitable for any deaf people who wanted to send sms text message to types of both uk & int numbers which it’s not good that it’s unacceptable of having the faults on their system it is not very satisfactory at all its no under joke that it’s doesn’t make sense they don’t reply I’m sure they breached the ofcom rule for not reply to a deaf customer who don’t use textphone or text relay due I have a total bans in place since virgin cut the cable & plug off which I’m sure it’s applies to all provider under the ban in place. That why I rely on sms text which should have been deaf friendly as it’s not ee isn’t due their disability service is poor  that why I not getting their reply I think it’s rude to deaf customers.IMG_0947.jpeg

Christopher_G

Hi @AndMarkwe 

Could you explain the ban that you have with text relay please? I'm not sure what you mean. We have a text relay option on our contact us page.

There are only certain commands you can use for text services to 150, as it's an automated service. Those are the options listed.

Chris

right the virgin engineer have said that I have been using an illegal device which the virgin engineer who came in to examin the fault on the house phone as he uncover the textphone pro 8000 LVD that he said it’s was a illegal device they cut off the plug off that he said I have been using a banned device. That is why I not permitted to use on all phone providers it’s the truth under the ban in place which I’m not allowed to use text relay while the ban is still active that why I have to use sms text message to all types of fixed landline numbers to save my skin to not use the banned textphone or text relay while the ban is still on which I with Bt I still not allowed to use the textphone since virgin banned me using it. Do you understand why they banned it?