Coverage

max1000000
Investigator
Investigator

My phone is either dropping calls or people tell me I sound Dalek. It works for a couple of days the stops for a couple of days. It happens on both my EE mobiles. I’ve called in 17 times and each time we spend an hour diagnosing.

Most of the time they say they can’t seem a problem, sometimes they confess there is a problem with voltage at the masts.

I clearly can’t carry on like this but I have an 18 month contract so you want to charge me £500 to leave. I’m confident I can get the money back in the small claims court but why can’t you just be honest, admit there is a problem and fix it?

[Mod edit: Please do not post personal information on the public board. Thanks!]

6 REPLIES 6
Schockwave
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@max1000000 , is this only happening in one place or elsewhere too? Is this just indoors or outside as well?

Have you clicked on Check coverage and network status above and taken a look there? You can also report this and get updates.

Sorry, but if this is only happening in one area and not elsewhere, doubt you will get your money back, even in a small claims court.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
Northerner
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Hi @max1000000 

Are you connected to EE WiFi calling service? 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Happens in multiple places on multiple places around town on various days. Some days good, some days bad.

Coverage says fine. One tech support confessed there were voltage problems on the mast but most of the time they say no problem.

Why do you think it won’t win in court? I’ve never lost and the company always settles. I’ve got records of all the times I called and got cut off etc. I can’t imagine it would be worth their while fighting it.

Yes, that’s how I make calls in the house. It’s outside that it dies on many days. 

If you're having problems this widespread, it would tend towards a phone problem rather than network. Otherwise every EE user in all those locations would be affected.

Do you know any friends or relatives who use EE who you could compare service with?

is there ever a post you don’t comment on? 🙂 

Did you miss the part above where I said it happens on both my phones? Please read what I wrote before stating the obvious. 

Thanks