cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage Map Clownage Sony Xperia XZ1.

YuleGreave
Investigator
Investigator

Anyone know why the coverage map is so crazy? The reason I ask is that when searching locations with the XZ1 as a device, it ALWAYS says, "You won't get 2/3/4/5G coverage on your Sony Xperia XZ1". It doesn't matter that the map might show full coverage, and I've tried many postcodes, it always displays that message regardless. So should I believe the map or the text?

Is anyone using a Sony Xperia XZ1 on the network? I guess that would answer my question too.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

The devices filter is intended to filter coverage predictions based on specs of individual phones - for example non-VoLTE devices can't access low-band 800Mhz coverage. I agree you've found a quirk of the searches - the map data is showing correctly but the predictions are all wrong!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bristolian
Legend
Legend

The devices filter is intended to filter coverage predictions based on specs of individual phones - for example non-VoLTE devices can't access low-band 800Mhz coverage. I agree you've found a quirk of the searches - the map data is showing correctly but the predictions are all wrong!

Right, I thought that might be the case. I'll go by the map. They seem to have something against the XZ1, because when I asked if it was compatible with WiFi calling I was told an emphatic no. Yet today I stuck in an EE SIm and find that it is!

(and anyone wondering why I asked if anyone was using an XZ1 on the network was because I haven't put any credit on the SIM as yet and was waiting to find out if it would work)