cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G appearing in a 4G only area...

silvershower
Contributor
Contributor

Where we live we only have the option for mobile broadband or starlink. Officially it's a 4G only area too, and 5G isn't showing as available. However, yesterday evening my phone was showing connected to 5G and stayed working (and was quick) for around 10 mins like that. Is this indicative of anything positive about 5G roll out in my area or not really?

3 REPLIES 3
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @silvershower 

It sounds like EE are testing there 5G upgrade in your area. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
bristolian
Legend
Legend

When new technologies or carriers are added to a site, or even a new site completely, there is often a time lag between service being brought live, and the coverage map being updated.

This is usually a few weeks, but can be a lot longer. New service will thus be live for several weeks minimum, before the website coverage map is updated.

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@silvershower  You’ll probably see that fluctuate over the next few weeks.  At some point you’ll probably get no 5G and a few days later it’ll appear again.   This happened to me for over a month and it still says no 5G indoors when actually its fantastic.