5G Planned Rollout?

littlepace1
Investigator
Investigator

Is there any way to find out where/when EE plan to upgrade an area with 5G? 

My phone sometimes tells me I have 5G but according to the website 5G isn't available in my area yet. Is my phone just borked? Or is the signal just too weak? I have a 4G router right now and am really looking forward to moving up to 5G. God speed.

3 REPLIES 3
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @littlepace1

Using the Network Status Checker you can sign up for updates on your area. 

If there is any planned maintenance work or issues in your area you will be notified. 

Alternatively, you can keep check by revisiting the same page. 

Katie

@littlepace1  If your phone is picking up 5G then you are getting 5G,    The website might say you are not in a 5G area but if your phone is then you are getting 5G.    I had a similar experience when 5G was rolled out in my area.   And apparently I’m not according to the website meant to get 5G indoors yet I get excellent 5G coverage in doors. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

The onscreen indicators showing 5G don't necessarily mean you are receiving 5G service, there are scenarios where you could be receiving 4G coverage but that 5G is available on a nearby site/sector.

The website coverage maps are updated at regular intervals, but when a new tech-add or site is activated for service, this will only be reflected on the online tool as of the next update.