cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i turn off data roaming

jimmcilfatrick
Visitor

how do i turn off data roaming at £2 per day?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Don't use your phone abroad! As soon as you make any calls or texts or use data while in the EU you will be charged £2.29 on that day.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Don't use your phone abroad! As soon as you make any calls or texts or use data while in the EU you will be charged £2.29 on that day.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@jimmcilfatrick   Put your phone in to airplane mode.    

jsmithj
Investigator
Investigator

To turn off data roaming on your device, follow these general steps:

1. Open the settings on your mobile device.
  2. Look for the "Network" or "Connections" option and tap on it.
  3. Locate the "Mobile Networks" or "Data Usage" section and select it.
  4. You should see an option for "Roaming" or "Data Roaming." Tap on it.
  5. Toggle the switch or checkbox next to "Data Roaming" to disable it.

Regarding the £2 per day charge, that seems to be a specific rate for data roaming that your service provider has set. To avoid incurring this charge, you should ensure that data roaming is completely turned off as mentioned above.

If you are currently using a Samsung device, you might have a look at there to learn how to turn off data roamin: https://www.samsunger.com/2023/05/how-to-turn-on-off-data-roaming-on-samsung.html 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

The post by @jsmithj above appears to be confusing two concepts.

Roaming is when your phone connects to a foreign network and is able to use calls, texts or data over that network. EE's £2.29 daily charge applies for using your UK allowances in the EU.

Data Roaming simply means using mobile data whilst roaming.