cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gifting data from abroad

jaffer113
Explorer

Hi, I have 2 sims and i gift data from 1 sim to another. I am abroad on roaming. Today my monthly UK data had to be reset, which didn't happen...? Next, i am unable to gift mobile data to my other ee sim that my son is using in the UK because my data allowance showing nil...please help asap

7 REPLIES 7
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @jaffer113

Welcome to the EE Community. 

If your allowance refreshes while you're away, you would have to wait until you return to the UK to be able to gift again.

You can find more information HERE

Our customer care team may be able to help whilst you are away, I would recommend giving us a call

Katie 🙂

XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@jaffer113 : If you're in a country where you can't use your UK allowances, you can no longer gift data once your UK allowances refresh.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Sorry, it is possible and I was able to gift data as the issue resolved. ThanksSent from my Galaxy

Hi Katie,

Im sure there is a better way to help ee customers who are out of the country and trying to gift data to their family member who is in the UK. Calling from abroad to your UK helpdesk is going to cost a considerable amount. Please advise how I can gift data which is within my plan to my son? 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

You could try contacting our live chat team, @okhan78. The link is on our get in touch help page.

Chris

How did you solve it if you don't mind explaining please? Thanks. 

Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Jablu  if your monthly cycle starts again whilst you are abroad, you cannot gift data until you are back in the UK.     If you contact customer services they might be able to help you with this.