cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim only contract ending/data roaming

Arundel66
Visitor

Hi, my current SIM only contract ends on the 5th July 2022, I have been offered a new 12 month contract with EE for a similar monthly charge, which would commence on the 5th July. Presumably I currently would get “free” data roaming in a EU country, if I take out a new contract with EE would the “free” data roaming option roll over onto the new contract or would it basically end with my old contract on the 5th July.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

The new charging would apply to any plan taken out on or after 7th July 2021.

In your scenario, when your new plan takes effect, the advice on this page under "If your plan started on or after 7 July 2021" will apply.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
bristolian
Legend
Legend

The new charging would apply to any plan taken out on or after 7th July 2021.

In your scenario, when your new plan takes effect, the advice on this page under "If your plan started on or after 7 July 2021" will apply.

Hello, I’m on a 24 months sim-only plan with EU roaming which expires in November. Can I stay on the plan and benefit from free roaming if I don’t do anything or will I lose the free roaming at the end of the plan in November ? Thanks in advance for your time 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @gdf1

If you stay on the same plan and don't upgrade or change the plan, you will continue to have EU Roaming. 

Leanne.

Hi Leanne,

this is brilliant news thanks a lot for your reply 

Take care 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @gdf1

Just to add, before you travel please check your My EE account to make sure roaming and call abroad is active, see our EE Roaming - Getting ready to use your phone abroad post, for help on getting set up.

Leanne.