cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis sold iPad contract

Hairtrap123
Investigator
Investigator

Very disappointed with EE the only provider I have been with. Went in store to upgrade phone which was ok then asked for another sim on account for my elderly mother which would be a add on to my account which I stated was not above with my phone as well £45. I also decided to buy a iPad which I said I wanted to buy  and only to use on Wi-Fi  the shop said ok which was all good  . I left the shop with no copy of contract as with two children after 2hours I was just wanting to get out. I now have a monthly bill of £100 per month £40 for my original tariff and now £30 for extra sim and £30 for iPad for 24 months many thanks EE trying to get help from EE is a nightmare 

6 REPLIES 6
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @Hairtrap123 ,

Welcome to the c

You should have read the contract before signing to make sure as to what you are going to be charged, as you would have had the opportunity to then change your mind or dispute this. Unfortunately when buying in store rather than online or by phone, you cannot change your mind, this is not possible unless the item is faulty.

The highstreet stores are there to make money, and we always advise people to read the contract before leaving the store.

I am not sure that stores only have IPads that use wifi, I know online, they are all cellular. If the IPad is both cellular and wifi, then, I would have thought, that they would also only sell it with cellular. 

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Hairtrap123  EE only sell iPads with contracts as they are all cellular iPads.  If you wanted a Wi-Fi only iPad you don’t purchase from a cell phone company. 
the sim for your mum would not be included with your tariff price as it will have its own tariff and that comes with its own contract.  This is on your account as you requested. 

How do you know what I have requested and what’s on my account ? Did not give any of my details for you to check

Just to let you know it was absolutely 100%  not requested it was sold to us that it would be included in my wife bill the £45 she pays a month transferring my mums number from another provider. Because it was included in our package as we was told by sales!! we did not need to use it in the end now getting charged £30 month great !trying to get through to Ee to sort out is a nightmare been on hold for at least 4hours in the past week 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Hairtrap123

Have you been back to the store or contacted them to get this looked into? 

Leanne.

@Hairtrap123  To quote you

asked for another sim on account for my elderly mother which would be a add on to my account” 

You can not get a 2nd sim and use your tariff allowance on that 2nd sim.  So it’s a 2nd line on your account as you requested that 2nd sim has its own tariff allowance and contract but it’s on your account as requested. 

and to have an iPad that would be on your account as you already have an account.    That iPad being a cellular iPad as it was sold via a cell phone company will be a cellular iPad so it will have a contract for that cellular connection.     The iPad contract alone is £30 how do you think EE can offer such a device including the phone tariff that you upgraded too including that device and a 2nd line for someone else all for the original phone tariff price of £45,   That would be the best deal ever and at no point did you not think this can not be right ??    

If it was a store sale calling customer services about this will not help as it was a store sale.